Education is at the heart of everything we do. Whether it’s a quick phone call to discuss grinder adjustment or an SCA accredited course we believe knowledge is power. We’d rather arm you with the knowledge to make great coffee yourselves rather than place our coffee and you within a box. Here you can check out our brew guides.
V60 / KALITA
• 22g of average ground coffee.
• 380ml filtered water.
• Rinse the filter with hot water. As a result, the filter loses its paper taste and the hot water preheats the coffee pot. Before making coffee, remove the rinsing water from the jug!
• Add ground coffee.
• The brewing time starts as soon as the water comes into contact with the coffee.
• Pour 68ml of water, then stir and let it stand and bloom for up to 45s. Then add more water until it reaches 220 ml. It should take about 3 minutes to make coffee.
• 15.5g medium / finely ground coffee.
• 250ml filtered water.
• Cooking time 1 minute.
• Pressing time 30 seconds.
• Rinse the filter with hot water. As a result, the filter loses its paper taste and the hot water preheats the coffee machine for pouring. Before making coffee, remove the rinsing water from the jug!
• Pull the upper part of the Aeropress (piston) number four. Place the ground coffee in the Aeropress. The brewing time starts as soon as the water comes into contact with the coffee. Pour all the water straight in and mix it well so that all the coffee grounds are evenly in contact with the water. Attach the Aeropress cap with the filter and wait 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, turn the AeroPress directly over your cup or jug and gently squeeze the coffee out of the Aeropress with one push. Stop squeezing when you hear a hiss (air comes out of the pressure).
• 42g ground coffee
• 750ml filtered water
• Place the paper filter in the jug and rinse it with hot water. When rinsing with hot water, you lose the taste of the paper from the filter and also heat the jug. Discard the rinsing water before placing the ground coffee in the filter.
• Pour 84g of water, then stir and let the coffee stand and bloom for up to 40s.
• Then add the remaining water by pouring slowly until you reach 750g. It should take about 5 minutes to make coffee. When pouring, be careful not to hold the jug too high, and we recommend that you shake the chemex jug gently when you have finished pouring.
• 30g coarsely ground coffee
• 500ml filtered water
• Pour ground coffee into the jug, add hot water and let it stand for 2 minutes. Then take two spoons and stir in the coffee. After a while, the coffee grounds that have formed on the surface will start to sink to the bottom. Using two spoons, remove the remaining coffee grounds on the surface. Let the coffee brew for another 2 minutes. Place the press with the lid on the jug, but only press it halfway. When pouring, be careful not to let the ground coffee grounds get into the coffee. This is how you can make pure coffee!